Thursday, February 7, 2013

Weight Watchers Chocolate Marshmallow Bark

Go ahead and drool a little :)
On Sunday evening, I had a major chocolate craving that needed to be dealt with. The laundry was done, my kiddo was in bed and I had a movie calling my name. However, trying to make better food choices (including snacks and cravings) I searched pinterest for a healthy chocolate treat. I found a pin for Weight Watchers Chocolate Marshmallow Bark and pegged this as the recipe that would kill my chocolate craving.

Due to the baking frenzy from Christmas, I still had an unopened package of mini-marshmallows plus a large bag of chocolate chips sitting in the pantry waiting to be made into something delicious. 

Simple ingredients list:


The instructions are as follows, including some yummy looking images :)

1) Line a 9x9 inch pan with aluminium foil.

2) In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly combined.

Before the chocolate melted

Melting Frenzy!!

Ready for marshmallows...
3) Remove from heat and add marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are coated in chocolate.
Looking good!!

3) Scrape chocolate and marshmallow mixture into prepared pan using a spatula; smooth into a somewhat even layer. Refrigerate until chocolate sets, at least 1 hour; keep refrigerated until ready to eat. Cut into 12 pieces and serve.
Before Chocolate is set
 Notes:
This basic recipe is very versatile: You can add your own favorite ingredients like nuts, dried fruit, crispy cereal, crisp crumbled cookies or even fresh fruit. If you use fresh fruit, however, the bark must be refrigerated and eaten the day it is made. Fresh strawberries, blueberries and pineapple are all excellent options (any additions to recipe could affect PointsPlus values).

I took the bark out of the tin foil before cutting. I figured it would not leave pieces of tin foil on the bark. I also kept the bark in the fridge between helpings as I enjoy a cold piece of chocolate.

This recipe was really good! It was not too sweet and filled my craving for chocolate. If you follow a Weight Watchers point system, a piece of this is only 4 points!

Rating:

Preparation: 9/10...This recipe took about 10 minutes to prepare, and less than an hour to fully set. It was very easy to prepare. I do not own a double boiler, and if you happen to be in this position as well, all you need to use is a pot filled with water and a glass bowl over top. Boil water and then place in ingredients. It works just as well so no need to run out to purchase a double boiler.

Taste: 9/10...Although this recipe was delicious, I think next time I will add a drop of vanilla to it. I think it will bring the taste of the ingredients together a little better. However, your taste buds will surely enjoy this recipe even without a touch of vanilla.

Servings: 10/10...Unless you are having a party, this recipe yields plenty. I had my craving satisfied, had a treat for my daughter the next afternoon, and even brought some to work for my co-workers to enjoy and still had more than enough left over to munch on over a few days. If you are having a large get together, I highly suggest making 2 pans because this will be a crowd pleaser!

Overall, I give this recipe a 28 out of 30. Its delicious, pretty much guilt free (of course you have to keep how much you have at one time within reason) and was easy to prepare. I like that you can add pretty much whatever you feel to this recipe as well, which is always an added bonus.  

So, go ahead and indulge!!!
(Not my Image. From website below)
Chocolate Marshmallow Bark

Here is the website for this recipe:
http://weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeId=143841

No comments:

Post a Comment